The hunt for the Territory’s best young singer kicked off earlier this year with auditions held in Darwin, Palmerston, Katherine and Alice Springs in May.
Ten young Territorians will sing to win Mission Australia’s Urban Quest at the Darwin Waterfront this Saturday 6 July.
The ten Urban Quest finalists will fine tune their skills at a three-day intensive mentoring workshop with Mark “Touchdown” Holden and country singer Paul Costa, who’s latest single Big End of Town is at the top of the Australian Country Music Charts, ahead of the big night.
Mentor and judge Mark Holden has been involved in Mission Australia’s premier youth event since its inception in 2011 and said it will be difficult to choose a winner.
“The talent this year is the best I’ve seen at Urban Quest over the past three years - it’s true,” the former Australian Idol judge said.
Mr Holden and Paul Costa will team up with Darwin’s very own singer songwriter Dave Garnham and Music NT’s Amy Hetherington to judge the Urban Quest Finals Concert.
The Urban Quest Finals Concert is free for the public and will be held under the stars at the Darwin Waterfront from 6pm.
“We encourage everyone to come along to the Waterfront, enjoy a night of entertainment and support these young singers,” Mission Australia’s Adrian McCann said.
“Urban Quest is for the community and without our partners Larrakia TV and Radio, the Darwin Waterfront Corporation, Dreamedia, Casuarina Square, Music NT, Inpex, the Office of Youth Affairs, Darwin Airport Corporation it wouldn’t be possible.”
To follow the progress of the event visit facebook.com/MissionAust.
The 2013 Urban Quest Finalists are:
• Jenaya Allen (14 years), Our Lady of the Sacred Heart College, Alice Springs
• VJ Bumanlag (18 years), Darwin
• Tatiana Da Silva (14 years), O’Laughlin Catholic College, Darwin
• Brandon Folino-Driver (16 years), Darwin High School, Darwin
• Charlotte Gittins (14 years), Dripstone Middle Collge, Darwin
• Charlee Mullins (14 years), Taminmin College, Darwin
• Helena Smith (16 years), NT Open Education, Darwin
• Phoebe Wear (11 years), Larrakeyah Primary School, Darwin
• Dakota Oxenham (13 years), St Joseph’s College, Katherine
• Sarina Pech (18 years), Charles Darwin University, Katherine Rural Campus, Katherine